Holiday Session 3

Travis has connected.
Tanya has connected.
Tanya: I see we are back at the village…
Tanya: or not…
Travis: Nope…
Travis: but the tokens are wrong still
GM: transcript is now up
Travis: I think we where walking out of this little area…
Travis: "Geting some air"
GM: Maz will be walking up and ask you what is going on. The others will be reporting in
Travis: ((I was here…))
Maz: So Al, er, how'd you get that tattoo?
Maz: What've you guys been doing while I was scouting?

  • Al covers the star on his forehead with his hand.. "Eh, long story…"

Maz: Well… You got something else to do right now?
Al: "It will be a break from those chests.."
Al: "What is it?"
Maz: This long story of yours. Let shear it.
Maz: let's hear*
Al: "Well fine, we here we where opening the chests then i kinda didn't notice a trap and opened a chest then i kinda forgot my limitations… So i ended up opening one of the evil chests and there was a book, i grew attached to the book, am still and eventually became possesed by a demon of sorts… Ill i know is her name… Then Alain here saved me from myself… But i can still feel her in me…."

  • Maz blinks.
  • Al sighs.

Maz: Possessed?
Maz: By a demon?

  • Maz eyes Al suspiciously.
  • Al activated his fire halo, a single flam appears infront of the star on his forhead then speads around his head in both directions and meets up behind his head forming a compete circle.

Al: ((Activates**))
Maz: That's not normal.
Al: "Yeah i know… Thanks for reminding me…"
Maz: (pointing at the flames)
Maz: What does it do?
Al: "Don't really know…"
Maz: Huh. So, anymore undead show up while I was gone?
Al: "Nope… You should see what we gotten so far…"
Maz: Oh? Anything good?
Al: "An axe, a crown cloak and a book so far but we have a couple more chests to open so who knows…"
Maz: An axe, eh?
Maz: (eyes gleaming)
Al: "I have to accompany you in… You can't touch the book… Well you can i just dont want you to… Still a little attached…"

  • Al closes his eyes and the flame halo fades.

Maz: Accompany me in where?
Al: "the cupboard…"
GM: You opened 1, 4, 6, 7, 2, and the silver one
Al: ((Forcefully opened the silver one))
Maz: (( wasn't the silver one the one that healed somebody? ))
GM: yes
Al: ((me… (: ))
Maz: Was there something in that silver box?
Al: "White powder, its what snapped me out of my trance of sorts…"
Maz: (( omg, it's crack! ))
Maz: (( or perhaps snuff, in this world… ))
Al: ((lol))
Maz: Anyway, about this axe…
Al: "Come on…"

  • Al points to the chest that holds teh axe

Al: "We didn't check anything about it, just it was a chest…"
Al: "and of course there is an axe in it, no one has touched it so be careful."

  • Maz peers in the chest.
  • Al walks over to where the book is at; standing on front of it facing Maz

GM: The book is marked with demonic looking runes
Maz: (( what does the axe look like? ))
GM: A wicked looking battle-axe with a spiked hilt
Maz: Nice. Wonder if it's any better than mine…
GM: ((I believe they established it is magical ))
Al: "Yeah i Think Iuri said it has some magic to it…"
Maz: Hm… What are the chances there's a demon living int he axe too?

  • Travis rolls to you: 1d20+12 Hide => 19 + 12 = 31
  • Tanya rolls to you: 1d20+12+MOD Spot => 3 + 12 + 0 = 15

Al: "Alain's around and he can tell so… I would ask him…"
GM: The axe is in a chest painted with the image of a figure in spiked armor and helm, laying waste to all around him with a vicious looking axe. Blood drips from the figure's hands due to the spikes on the hilt. The lock seems to be a key lock, excellent quality.
GM: Alain did point this chest out as not evil
Tanya has disconnected.
Travis has disconnected.
You have disconnected.
Travis has connected.
Tanya has connected.
GM: The axe is in a chest painted with the image of a figure in spiked armor and helm, laying waste to all around him with a vicious looking axe. Blood drips from the figure's hands due to the spikes on the hilt. The lock seems to be a key lock, excellent quality.
GM: Alain did point this chest out as not evil
Maz: I thought the purpose of a weapon was to hurt your foes, not yourself. Think I'll pass on this thing for now. (gestures at the picture on the chest)
Maz: How many boxes are left to open?
Travis: "Maybe its an exchange for power?
GM: 2
GM: 3,5
GM: 3&5
Travis: lol
GM: 5=evil
Al: ((Woops)

  • Travis rolls to you: 1d20+12 Slieght of Hand => 5 + 12 = 17

Maz: You want to try another box or should we go look for more undead?
Al: "I can try the last book"
Al: ((Box**))
Al: ((O.o))
Al: "Shall I?"
Maz: Go ahead.

  • Al inspects box number 3.

GM: The third is painted in images of demons and humans enraptured in counting their wealth while images of starving children can be seen in the background. The lock looks almost absurdly complex.
GM: The fifth is engraved with the images of demons and mortals reaching with grasping hands towards rich looking images of noble families that seem to be quite happy. The lock is a puzzle lock, very complex.

  • Travis rolls to you: 1d20+11 Search => 1 + 11 = 12

Al: "well lets start this again…"

  • Travis rolls: 1d20+14 Open Lock => 20 + 14 = 34

GM: With flair and skill, Al pops the lock
Al: "Didn't seems as hard…."
Maz: Nice job.
Al: "So i have a knack at not finding the traps so if you would want to back away i wouldn't mind…"
GM: Inside the chest are many small, embroidered pouches
GM: a needle pricks Al's hand as he opens the chest
Maz: Is is safe?

  • Travis rolls to you: 1d20+3 Fortitude => 11 + 3 = 14

GM: 2
Al: "ouch… oh im feeling weak…"
Al: "well its safe now… ha ha"
Al: "Maybe that powder can help again…"
Maz: I still have a healing potion if you need it.
Al: "Nah i can try that powder…"

  • Al walks over to alain/the silver box and touches the powder…

GM: nothing happens
Maz: Maybe you're supposed to eat it.
GM: well, Alain probably makes a token protest

  • Maz shrugs.

Al: "Its ok, ill be fine… although i want to make sure that needle wasn't poisoned… Alain do you the ability to check about those things?"
GM: ((no, actually, he doesn't))
Al: "Eh its ok, ill be fine, now what are in these pouches…"
GM: The pouches are a variety of colors
Al: "Which one should we look in first?"
GM: about half are shades or blue and green
Maz: (( is there a brown one? ))
GM: 3
Maz: Here, I'll look in one of those brown ones. Pass me one.

  • Al passes Maz a brown one and grabing a blue one in the process for himself…
  • Travis rolls to you: 1d20+11 Search => 7 + 11 = 18

GM: Inside the brown bag is a large, perfectly formed crystal, red in color, about the size of Maz's thumb. It sparkles in the light

  • Maz cautiously opens the bag and looks in.

Maz: Ooh, pretty.

  • Al looks in his bag

GM: Inside the blue pouch is a small, perfectly formed gemstone sphere, clear with cloudy blue highlights
Maz: (( does Iuri have detect magic still up by any chance? ))

  • Al closes the pouch… "Its a gemstone, maybe magical i really don't know, but i say we check the rest out later…"

GM: ((both gemstones are magical, but very faint))
Maz: Sure. (hands the gem and bag back to go in the chest)

  • Al places both the bags inside the chest…

Al: "Shall i try the evil one or shall we kill some undead?"

  • Al winks

Maz: Undead would be more fun for me, I have to say.
Al: "So whos going to carry the loot; if anyone?
Maz: I can carry some.
Maz: But not the chests.
Maz: (( assuming the chests are sizeable ))
GM: The other 3 NPCs can carry the chests back
GM: and they aren't that large. You could probably carry two
Al: "I say we bring the silver one, its got some healing properties… It healed me before…"
Maz: Sounds good. Anything else useful?
Al: "Maybe that axe… other than that i don't think so…"
Maz: Hm… (eyeing the axe warily)
Maz: (( is there a way to pick it up without stabbing oneself? ))
GM: you can pick it up without stabbing yourself. Wielding it would be a different issue

  • Maz loads the axe gingerly into her backpack.

Maz: Just in case.
Al: "Lets go…"
Maz: (( we came in from the east, right? ))
Al: ((Yeah))
Al: ((Another big one?))
Al: ((Just checking.. (
GM: init?
Maz: Initiative: 20
Al: Initiative: 12
Maz: (( w00t ))
Al: (Ouch…)
Al: ((Whos first?))
Maz has received initiative.
Maz: (draw and attack)
Maz: Attack Battleaxe, single attack: 19 Damage: 6 plus flame damage 3
Al: ((omg… awesome))
Maz: (done)
Al has received initiative.

  • Al continues with his stride drawing out his dagger and rapier.
  • Al activates his flaming halo…

Al: (done))

  • Ghast bites 19 for 9 make a fortitude save DC15 then claws once 22 for 2 and again 15 for 5 make fort save for all hits

GM: ((at Maz))
Maz has received initiative.
Maz: two hits

  • Tanya rolls to you: 1d20+4 Fortitude => 10 + 4 = 14
  • Tanya rolls to you: 1d20+4 Fortitude => 15 + 4 = 19

Ghast: mmmm tasty….
Maz: full attack
Maz: Attack Battleaxe, primary hand: 21 Damage: 11 plus flame damage 3
Maz: Attack Handaxe, secondary hand: 16 Damage: 6
Maz: (done)

  • Ghast collapses

Al: "That was fun.. You ok?"
Maz: A bit scratched. How does the powder work?
Al: "Last time i just touched it and it healed me.. Maybe it was because Alain had it first…."
Maz: I'll use my potion first, I guess.
Al: "Alright."
Maz: (( although, I don't have the paper where I wrote down what sort of potion it was ))
Al: ((CLW))
Maz: (( figured. ))

  • Maz takes her potion. 5

Maz: (( it was caster level 1? ))
GM: yes
Maz: That helped a little.
GM: The ghast has a ring of red gold, beaten into a long knuckle-coil to resemble a miniature snake coiling about the wearer's finger, with two tiny rubies set into its head as eyes
Al: "Pretty ring…"
Al: "You want to get it?"
Maz: It had something? Nice.
Maz: Lets see if it fits.

  • Maz tries the ring.

GM: it is a bit snug, but fits
Al: "Wonder if its magical?
Maz: (pinky ring, hahaha)
Maz: Iuri can check it later.
Al: "Lets keep going…"

  • Travis rolls to you: 1d20+10 Spot => 20 + 10 = 30
  • Maz peers in the room.

Maz: Anybody here?

  • Al looks around in general

GM: There is a huge, rune carved statue of an onyx jackal among the ruins. The murals on the remains of these walls all show people being torn apart by various unnatural looking beasts
GM: the statue appears to be lying on a bed of humanoid-looking bones
Maz: Um… I sure hope that statue isn't going to jump up and attack us…
Al: "I sure hope nothing attacks us…."

  • Al inspects the statue…

Maz: (peers through doorways/gaps)
Al: "Oh shit…"
Maz: (( right on cue! ))

  • Travis rolls to you: 1d10000 => 2603
  • Skeleton - Weird moves towards you threateningly

Al: "Ah…."
Al: Initiative: 7
Maz has received initiative.
Al: ((Oh ok…))
GM: (I'll continue init))
Al: (( : ) ))
Maz: (( yay ))
Maz: it get AoO, yes?
Al: ((Tumble?))
GM: yes

  • Skeleton - Weird swings a morningstar 13 for 9

Maz: (( oh wow, Maz does have tumble - I'll try it ))
Al: ((Its ok it missed…))

  • Tanya rolls: 1d20+15 Tumble => 20 + 15 = 35

Maz: (ooh, cuz I was so graceful)
GM: It misses due to Maz's graceful acrobatics
Maz: (attacking)
Maz: Attack Battleaxe, single attack: 21 Damage: 9 plus flame damage 4
Maz: (done)

  • Al slides 5 ft, then opens a can of…. Well you know…
  • Al attacks Skeleton - Weird with his Rapier of Frost and Masterwork Dagger with a to hit of 12 for 7 points of damage and 1 points of cold damage with the Rapier on sucessful hit and a to hit of 14 for 5 points of damage with the Dagger on sucessful hit.

Al has received initiative.
Al: (DOne)

  • Skeleton - Weird swings a morningstar 12 for 15 then again swings a morningstar 27 for 11

GM: 1st Maz, 2nd Al
Maz has received initiative.
Al: *Al's flame of Halo hits back for 4 points of fire damage*
Al: Halo of Flame**
Maz: full attack
Maz: Attack Battleaxe, primary hand: 29 Damage: 9 plus flame damage 1
Maz: can't crit skellies, sigh
Maz: Attack Handaxe, secondary hand: 16 Damage: 6
Al has received initiative.
Maz: (done)
GM: you are definitely thumping it around
Maz: (( those both hit? ))
Al: ((Full attack too, again.. (: ))

  • Al attacks Skeleton- Weird with his Rapier of Frost and Masterwork Dagger with a to hit of 13 for 7 points of damage and 5 points of cold damage with the Rapier on sucessful hit and a to hit of 23 for 3 points of damage with the Dagger on sucessful hit.
  • Al steps back 5 ft…

GM: ((it's hard to miss this thing ))
GM: 1= Maz, 2 = Al

  • Skeleton - Weird swings a morningstar 26 for 17 then again swings a morningstar 24 for 14

Maz: (ow)
Al: ((Pssh stupid reach… figured i was safe…))

  • Al is at -8.

Maz: (( it doesn't look close to falling down, does it ))
GM: ((actually, it does))
Maz: ok, here goes then
Maz: Attack Battleaxe, primary hand: 12 Damage: 10 plus flame damage 6
Al: *Al's flame of Halo hits back for 6 points of fire damage*
Maz: Attack Handaxe, secondary hand: 11 Damage: 8
Maz: er… done
Al: Halo of Flame** i need to fix that…

  • Skeleton - Weird collapses into a pile of large bones

Maz: phew!

  • Travis rolls to you: 1d100 => 76
  • Maz scoops up Al and hustles back to the others.
  • Al is at -9.

Maz: (( Al, use an action point ))
Al: ((For what? Stablize?))
GM: ((yes))
Maz: (( yes, exactly ))
Al: ((Okies i do…))
GM: you be at -9, but not continuing to bleed out
Al: ((almost died… I hope))
Al: ((I hope its almost…))

  • Maz mumbles to herself, "So, how does this powder work…"
  • Skelly shambles towards Maz

Maz: Aw crap.

  • Maz drops Al so she can fight.

Maz: (same init still?)
GM: yes
Maz has received initiative.
Maz: (( any chance I can touch the powder this round? ))
GM: probably, in a full run
Maz: full run? running while touching?
GM: you took the box with you?
Maz: I thought we said we did
GM: ((honestly, I really don't think Alain would let you))
Maz: (( then that putz should have had the decency to follow us ))
Maz: ok, I'll just try to smush the skellie
Maz: Attack Battleaxe, single attack: 17 Damage: 13 plus flame damage 2
Maz: (done)
Al has received initiative.

  • Skelly collapses

Maz: (( yay ))

  • Maz picks up Al again and hurries off to the holder of the powder.

GM: you can get there safely
Maz: (( does Alain let us touch the powder? ))
GM: ((to save Al's life? Probably))
GM: ((but nothing happens when you just touch it))
Maz: Heal me, dammit! (touching it again - stabbing it, really)
GM: It does nothing, but sit there, like sand
Maz: Useless.

  • Al makes dying noises

Maz: Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm taking Al back to camp to be healed up.
Lonasidu: you know, you have to drink potions, not poke them
Maz: I suggested that before and you all stared at me.

  • Maz shrugs and takes a pinch of powder and eats it.

GM: 9
GM: It tastes wonderful
Maz: Hey, it works.
GM: ((I gotta call a halt here))
Al: ((Am i still dead?))

  • Maz takes another pinch, pulls Al's mouth open and dumps it in.

GM: 8
GM: nope
GM: you get 8 back
Al: ((-1?))
Maz: (she'll try another to get him conscious)
Maz: (an actually, I should go too - have to leave at 3:30 AM for T-day)
GM: ((doesn't work a 2nd time))
Maz: (( bummer ))
Maz: Maybe you have to wait awhile…

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License