Sat Session 2

AndarinGrey has connected.
Symposes has connected.
Tanya has connected.
Scylfing has connected.
Jocelyn: we'll start in about 5 minutes
Jocelyn: There has been the retcon that Muken did not go with the others, but stayed behind.
Scylfing: I'm gonna make coffee real quick, brb.
Symposes: yea, schedule conflict. hehe
Scylfing: Oh okay, that'll work.
Jocelyn: So, just so you all know, you've been pre-approved
Scylfing: Why does that scare me?
Scylfing:
Andarin: Huh, I've never seen that before!
Symposes: anything i need to know?
Andarin: testing chat color
Andarin: whoa!
Andarin: i didn't want green
Jocelyn: It's not easy being green
Scylfing: Hmm, did you already have Ariadne on there?
Jocelyn: Should put the updated version on
Andarin: test
Andarin: test again
Andarin: ok, that's a nice not black grey
Tanya: I use this color cuz no one else will ever want to
Andarin: it does stand out
Symposes: this hurt?
Jocelyn: looks fine
Jocelyn: Morning comes, and Lilja is serving breakfast.
Jocelyn: Jinan is talking to a couple merchants about the possibility of setting up a small open air bazaar outside of the tavern
Tanya: unless someone wakes her, Nuala will not be out until late in the morning
Scylfing: It's the next morning after the opening right?
Tanya: (( OMG, the room Jinan put her in last time is full of young men ))
Scylfing: ((oh my))
Jocelyn: yes
Scylfing: Ariadne will have been up since just before dawn, so she'll be at breakfast.
Nuala: (( oh, they're gone now, shucks ))
Scylfing: Kalla gets the morning off cause I'm feeling generous.
Scylfing: ((that color okay by the way?))

  • Andarin did not rent a room there last night, but will return after noon.

Scylfing: Are Jinan and the merchants in the tavern then?

  • Nuala comes out around 9-ish grumbling about how she's to be expected to be up with the sun when she's been plunked in a room with no 'windits'.

Andarin: (or possibly earlier, depending upon how forthcoming his contacts are.)
Symposes: (soon as map loads for me, ill place my token and start impersonating
Jocelyn: Jinan is talking to the merchants in the 'lobby'
DarkNewton has connected.
Ariadne: "Ah, good morning Miss Nuala. I hope your accomodations were to your liking here."
Nuala: I'd prefer a windit. Like waking up in a cave, that was.
Ariadne: "Wind-ah, yes. The guest rooms lack those for security reasons. The live-in quarters may be more to your liking."

  • Nuala nods.

Nuala: Is it too late for a drop o cha and a bit o toast and jam?
Lilja: Not at all dear.
Lilja: Bacon might be a bit cold, but there is fresh bread and potatoes. Dinner tonight will be Tatsuo fare.
Nuala: Massy. And the pup wouln't be averse to some scraps or a bone.
Ariadne: "Once you've broken your fast perhaps we will talk of arrangements then?"
Symposes: (right, dang map, any tricks?)
Ariadne: ((are you on Aben's House First Floor?))
Symposes: (and like that, it appears to be loading now. haha, tank you)
Nuala: Be glad to.
Ariadne: ((aww, Muken's still a ?))

  • Muken eats a helping of bread and potatos, while sipping some warm tea.

Muken: (yea, go figure)
Muken: (so are ari and nua)
Lilja: Scraps are in the bucket by the door. Help yourself, you should get to it before Maksim does or best bits will go to that mongrel he and Leonti found
Nuala: (( haha, everyone can only see their own tokens and the NPCs ))
Ariadne: ((i think it works both ways, yeah. everyone else shows for me, hope I do too))
Jocelyn: (I turned on token names so I can see who everyone is)
Ariadne: "Have they had that animal long?"
Jinan: Ariadne, Nuella-kins, got a moment?
Lilja: About two days. Maksim found it.

  • Nuala looks around. "Who are you talking to?"

Ariadne: "What is it Jinan?"
Lilja: And you won't be bothering those boys about it neither.
Jinan: Some business I want to run by you
Ariadne: "Very well then."
Ariadne: *bows* "Greetings, gentlemen."
Nuala: Business?
Jinan: Nuala, would you mind grabbing Muken too?

  • Muken leans against the door frame, tea in hand

Jinan: These are Scot and Kegan, they'd like to talk to us about putting up a small bazaar
Jinan: We have all that front area, it would help drive business for the tavern
Jinan: And since this is our property, they would not have to pay the duties the guards demand
Muken: Sounds like the perfect chance for me to sell my wares.
Ariadne: "Interesting idea. What manner of bazaar though?"
Kegan: A few open air booths, milady
Scot: Exotic goods, mostly, in keeping with the worldly nature o' the tavern. Bit of everything from all over

  • Jinan drops his voice for Ariadne and Nuala's ears

DarkNewton has disconnected.
Jinan: I figure since Nuala is good outside, she could watch the tavern and Ariadne, you could be in chare of the house.
Jinan: That way neither of you has to do double duty
Ariadne: "That would be most appreciated."
Hansrog has connected.
Nuala: (( is that tavern or bazar? ))
Jinan: I'd assign Maksim and Leonti to Nuala, since the bazaar won't be all hours like the tavern. Just daylight
Jinan: (aaah…Nuala in charge of bazaar, Ariadne in charge of house)
Ariadne: "And as long as the goods are entirely on the up-and-up, and fairly sold, I wouldn't be opposed to it."
Nuala: (( ok, got it ))
Nuala: Sounds cracker.
Kegan: Fairly sold indeed, and we'd pay the 5 gold booth fee weekly
Ariadne: "Are all of you independent merchants then?"
Kegan: Aye.
Scot: Well, I work with some seafolk traders to get me wares, but I'm beholden to no master if that's what ye be askin
Nuala: Smart man.
Nuala: (offers to shake hands) Nuala o Mordha.
Nuala: And this is Nessa. (gestures to the dog)
Scot: Scot MacNamara, and might I say, pleasure to hear the land on your tongue lass.

  • Scot grabs Nuala's hand then gives her a hug in greeting.
  • Nuala laughs.

Jinan: Muken, you could of course put up a booth, and since you kind of helped us in a jam, we'd wave the fee for you.
Nuala: And your friend here? Is he as smart as you?
Muken: That is very generous of you.
Scot: well, he be from Worden, so like as not

  • Kegan rolls his eyes

Nuala: (she grins and offers a hand) Howya.

  • Kegan kisses the offered hand

Kegan: A pleasure to meet you milady

  • Scylfing rolls to you: 1d20+6 => 9 + 6 = 15
  • Nuala suppresses a smirk.

Nuala: One o your types, Jinan.
Jinan: We need more sane people around here

  • Scot chuckles and pets Nessa

Kegan: My particular trade is in silver and gemstones

  • Muken smirks

Muken: That might be tough to accomplish Jinan
Scot: And I trade in a bit o this and that, bits and pieces and oddities that happen ta catch me fancy on me travels
Scot: Even a bit o magic now and then
Ariadne: Very well, this seems acceptable. Of course, the lord of the house will have final decision when he returns, but for now we'll do business.
Jinan: Pity Ashling left, she could have made a fortune with some of her teas
Nuala: A fortune outta tea? Go on with ya.
Jinan: Well sure. Just charge everyone who walks by a copper to not have to drink any. She could have bought the city in a week
Nuala: Really? Was the tea wojus?
Jinan: It was…special.
Nuala: You never even tried it, I'll wager.
Muken: I think i would rather eat flesh, then drink her tea.

  • Muken shivers slightly.

Jinan: couple times. It was medicinal
Kegan: When could we perchance set up the booths?

  • Andarin pokes his head in. (It looks like he's been up all night. But he still looks rather dashing for that.)

Jinan: I suppose whenever Nuala thinks the area is secure

  • Jinan raises an eyebrow at Andarin

Andarin: HI, I came back. Can I speak with the owner here?
Nuala: Let's go have a decko at the site you want.
Jinan: The owner is out of town
Ariadne: It's customary to knock, sir.
Andarin: YEs, well, it's also customary to pay the Thieves Guild when opening a tavern
Andarin: I figured you'd like to kjnow
Ariadne: What are you saying exactly?
Andarin: That bit of advice is free

  • Jinan mutters something about reminding him to kill someone called Feliks

Andarin: Look, I'll admit, this pplace intrigues me
Scot: Here I reckon 'd be the best spot.
Jinan: Are you a….representative?
Andarin: So I did some looking into what's going on here, and found that you'd somehow slipped past the guild
Ariadne: If you're here to collect protection money, I assure you we do not need such "services."
Andarin: No, not really. I just know where to look ofr answers
Nuala: (( how thick is the veg here - will we have to clear it first? ))
Jinan: And your concern is?
Ariadne: And what answers, if I may ask, did you find?
Andarin: Well, you might want to look into the guild thing, before your patrons start dying. or losing fingers, or maybe they'll stick to just robbing the place blind.
Andarin: I don't know, they've been in some turmoil lately
Muken: I have a feeling, those who would come here, looking for trouble. Will surely find it.
Muken: If you'll excuse me, im going to look for a place to setup my booth.
Andarin: well, those looking for a "free market" will find trouble, too
Andarin: if you step on their toes

  • Muken reaches down and grabs his hat and staff from his packmate.

Muken: there is nothing free about a market.
Andarin: free from guild protection fees
Jinan: We'll get the guild their cut.
Jinan: you needn't worry yourself on our behalf
Andarin: Well, sooner would be better, they're trying to present a strong front.
Ariadne: The turmoil in the guild is not news to us, Mister Andarin, though I appreciate the tip that they're trying to reassert themselves.
Andarin: Well, like I said, I'm intrigued by this place.
Andarin: Glad to help.
Andarin: What's on the menu tonight?
Jinan: Tatsuo fare. Something gingery I think
Andarin: Sounds delicious! I'll be back for dinner, then!

  • Jinan nods

Ariadne: Farewell then.
Andarin: And if you need anything, let me know. I can help a business in many ways.
Jocelyn: Outside, workmen are already putting up some booths.
Ariadne: If you're serious in that offer, I would take you up on it as you seem to know much of what's happening outside these walls.
Andarin: well, I'm still getting my bearings back, but certainly.
Ariadne: Perhaps we will speak this evening then.
Andarin: Very well, I look forward to it. Now, I must catch up on my sleep.

  • Nuala keeps an eye on the set up process.
  • Andarin will chat briefly with the merchants on his way out. PLeasantries, really.
  • AndarinGrey rolls to you: 1d20+16 Sense Motive => 2 + 16 = 18

Ariadne: *speaking in a low voice to Jinan* I thought the Thieves' Guild broke over the cult matter?
Jinan: so did I
Jinan: dammit
Jinan: I could strangle Feliks.
Ariadne: How so?
Jinan: He was supposed to work the deal with the guild
Jocelyn: The rest of the day will pass uneventfully, and dinner rolls around.
Jocelyn: The weather has gotten wet, so business is not as spry as usual

  • Nuala will head in when the merchants are done for the day.

Scylfing: ((Ariadne'll pass the word along to the guard leaders to be on alert, especially in regard to our patrons))
Muken: (afk fas)

  • Andarin removes his rapier, and hands it to the door guard with a bow and flourish.

Nuala: So Jinan, where are those lads you promised me?

  • Phrixus nods to Andarin
  • Jinan gestures for Nuala to follow him

Jocelyn: The tavern is relatively quiet
Jocelyn: The two merchants are in the seperate dining area, discussing the booths
Jinan: Nuala, these are Lev, Maksim, Leonti, and Dima
Jinan: Lev, Maksim, and Leonti can help you with the bazaar
Jinan: And this is er…. Virgil
Ariadne: *Ariadne nods to Andarin as he enters the common room as well*

  • Jinan seems inclined to be extremely respectful towards Virgil, but hesitant to show it
  • Nuala nods her head to each. "Evenin."

Virgil: Good Evening, miss
Ariadne: ((oh wow, he's still here?))
Jocelyn: (yep)
Jocelyn: (keeping a low profile)
Maksim: ma'am
Nuala: (the dog squeezes in and sits down to check everyone out)
Nuala: This here is Nessa.

  • Muken sits at a table, quietly working on a trinket, his chest next to him on the table, holding a steaming cup of tea in 1 hand, and handing things to Muken with the other.

Leonti: wow…she's a war dog, isn't she?
Nuala: Nah, a hunter. Too friendly to be much of war dog.
Nuala: (she nods to Nessa and the dog heads over to sniff hands and say heya)
Nuala: Heard you found a stray couple days back.
Maksim: So..um…bazaar?
Andarin: (( afk, brb ))
Lev: yeah, and she's ours

  • Virgil smiles

Virgil: Frithrik tried to make them get rid of the dog. Negotiations have taken place
Lev: We said we'd tell the ghost he was mean to us

  • Jinan sighs
  • Maksim lightly thumps Lev on the back of the head

Nuala: (turns to Jinan) Did you say something about ghosts yesterday?
Jinan: yeah, didn't I tell you? The place is haunted
Ariadne: ((lagging like crazy folks, sorry))
Muken: (sorry guys, gotta go afk again, dog is getting weird.)
Nuala: Janeymack!
Muken: (be back as soon as i can )

  • Nuala starts.

Jinan: She's friendly. Unless she thinks you are being mean to the kids
Nuala: What kids?
Maksim: Us. And the ghost kids
Jinan: It's…complicated
Nuala: Ghost kids.
Ariadne: ((oops, sorry about that))
Andarin: (( back ))
Nuala: Yer coddin me.
Jocelyn: In the tavern, the folks are chatting with excitement about the new bazaar
Jinan: If you hear singing…in your tongue, I might add, that's the ghost nanny
Jinan: If you hear giggling and things get misplaced, those are the kids
Muken: (back)
Nuala: Mmmmm… All right then.
Nuala: So, right, bazaar. It'll be about a half dozen booths out about midway to the gate.
Lev: So..like a fair?
Nuala: Like a market.
Maksim: and we are what, hawkers? or guards?
Nuala: Dry goods, mostly.
Nuala: Guards. Keep and eye on things.
Leonti: And have you cleared this with the bossy lady?
Nuala: (an* eye)
Virgil: manners
Leonti: I mean the Lady Ariadne
Nuala: That's his job. (nudges Jinan)
Jinan: She said it's fine
Dima: What about me?
Jinan: Um…I don't know if that's a good idea. Folks may still be looking for you
Maksim: And you do keep blowing things up
Dima: Yeah, but the last couple times were intentional

  • Leonti snickers

Nuala: Folks are lookin for him? What kind of folks?
Ariadne: ((I think I got a handle on my technical problems, sorry again))
Jinan: It's a long, complicated story, and they aren't actually looking for him, just someone who used to look like him, and well, he's sort of part of what we need to keep protected
Jinan: Virgil too…folks shouldn't know either of them are here
Nuala: Fair enough. Any special type of folks I should be watching out for?
Maksim: mad cultists, crazy wizard women, undead, and pickpockets
Hansrog has disconnected.

  • Nuala blinks a few times.

Leonti: The shorter list is the folks you don't have to worry about
Nuala: Ok, gotcha.
Nuala: Well me lads, let's be on it in the morning.

  • Muken puts his trinket and tools away, and gets up.

Nuala: Bang on, me boyo, bang on.
Phrixus: ARIADNE! TROUBLE AT THE GATES!
Jocelyn: (go ahead and roll initiative)
Nuala: Eh?
Ariadne: What's happening?
Nuala: Initiative: 23

  • Phrixus grabs his weapons and goes hauling ass out the door

Andarin: Initiative: 7
Muken: (init is supposed to be 15, it isnt adding a talent)
Muken has received initiative.
Nuala: (( is it skipping me again? ))
Jocelyn: (ignore that)
Ariadne: ((huh, i didn't expect to see a decimal point on a roll))
Nuala has received initiative.
Jocelyn: and….action
Nuala: I'll go take a decko.
Nuala: (running, if possible)
Jocelyn: (not a straight line…I think you are limited to a double move)
Nuala: (then I can there, I think)
Fighter: (at Glaucon)
Fighter: HIT: 20, 16 ( Longsword )
DMG: 10, 4
Rolls:9,10 BAB:7 MultiAtk:0 Size:0 StatBonus:3 AtkBonus:1 CritThreat:19 Misc:0
DamageDice:1d8 StatBonus:3 MiscDMG:0 ExtraDMG:0d6 ExtraDMGType: CritDMG:0d10 CritMultiplier:2
Nuala: (nessa following for now)
Nuala: (done)
Fighter 7: (at Diomeden)
Fighter 7: HIT: 18, 22 ( Longsword )
DMG: 9, 9
Rolls:7,16 BAB:7 MultiAtk:0 Size:0 StatBonus:3 AtkBonus:1 CritThreat:19 Misc:0
DamageDice:1d8 StatBonus:3 MiscDMG:0 ExtraDMG:0d6 ExtraDMGType: CritDMG:0d10 CritMultiplier:2
MarSolla has connected.
Scylfing: ((all are hits))
Ariadne has received initiative.
Ariadne: Sunan, Virote, with me. Everyone else, see to the people here.
Ariadne: ((can she do a running jump over the tables and run through the doors?))
Jocelyn: (sure, with a jump check)
Nuala: (( but lacking a 10' running start ))
Ariadne: ((oh right, 10', hmm; it's difficult terrain otherwise?))
Joseph has connected.
Ariadne: ((double move then I guess))
Nuala: (( you could still jump, but double the DC ))
Jocelyn: (not difficult, just double move, and what Nuala said)
Ariadne: ((no ranks in Jump, heh))
Jocelyn: (tables are 3' high and 3' wide, thereabouts)
Andarin: (( hit spacebar to drop a movement anchor, you know? ))
Muken has received initiative.

  • Muken grabs a dorje from his haversack.

Muken: next.
Muken: (done)
Andarin: (( what's a dorje? ))
Muken: (psionic wand)
Andarin: (( thx ))
Andarin has received initiative.

  • Andarin readies a spell to cast when Nuala and Nessa pass him. (hint: it's Haste)

Nuala has received initiative.

  • Andarin casts Haste.

Nuala: (done)
Andarin has received initiative.

  • Andarin targets: Ariadne, Nual, NEssa, Virote, Muken, Sunan, Christiana (assuming htey're all on our side.)

Joseph: ((i'm going to watch a lil, have company and trying to work with my manager to get a day off))
Ariadne has received initiative.
Joseph has disconnected.
Kalla: "Girls, Gervasi, go upstairs now!"
Scylfing: ((Kalla is holding her action until they leave))
Jocelyn: k
Scylfing: ((um, haste does what to your move again?))
Jocelyn: (adds 30 ft)
Scylfing: ((so at 20 base she should be able to double move 100?
Jocelyn: (yes)
Scylfing: (ok)
Jocelyn: (done?)
Ariadne: *Ariadne hefts her spear during her move*

  • Ariadne stares with intimidating force at all opponents around her, interposing herself between them and her allies (swift action, gains Iron Guard's Glare, enemies she threatens gain -4 penalty to hit her allies)

Ariadne: (done)
Ariadne: ((I don't have a good macro for my stances yet, that'll have to do for now))
Muken has received initiative.
Muken: (can i cast a spell with a double move?)
Jocelyn: (no)
Muken: (done)
Nuala has received initiative.
Nuala: Nessa, stay.
Nuala: (runs like the wind and done)

  • Andarin casts See Invisibility.

Jocelyn: sorry, all, hate to do this, got to call it here, the kidlet is having a major issue and Matt isn't home
Andarin: done
Andarin: k
Ariadne: ((no problem))
Jocelyn: save campaign?
Andarin: saved
Muken: no worries, see ya nexxt week
Andarin: and 6 more rounds of Haste
Muken: uhh, good luck with the kiddo? heh
Scylfing: we're on every other week, or are we changing that?
Nuala: yeppers, no prob
Muken: i don't know what the schedule is Scy, so when do we meet again?
Scylfing: 2 weeks from today, unless Keres says otherwise.
Muken: that sounds like march 7th…
Muken: or am i mistaken on what 2 weeks means…
Scylfing: yeah, March 7. I can do every Saturday though, but I'm not sure if everyone else can.
Muken: alright. Well, if it changes just contact me. If im not on aim, email moc.bbthgisni|sesopmys#moc.bbthgisni|sesopmys ill get it that way
Muken: aim, for those other then keres, is symposes
Scylfing: (ack, putting my lowest level guards at the front, what a smart move. )
Muken: so its easy to remember
Scylfing: k
Muken: Thanks for the game K.

  • Muken waves

Scylfing: yes, thanks for the game everyone.
Symposes has disconnected.

AndarinGrey has connected.
Scylfing has connected.
Symposes has connected.
MarSolla has connected.
Tanya has connected.
Andarin has received initiative.
Symposes: (i dont have a map)
Andarin: (( I'd just cast See Invisibility. Haste lasts 6 more rounds. ))

  • Fighter 6 charges Phrixus

Fighter 6: HIT: 19, 18 ( Longsword )
DMG: 11, 6
Rolls:8,12 BAB:7 MultiAtk:0 Size:0 StatBonus:3 AtkBonus:1 CritThreat:19 Misc:0
DamageDice:1d8 StatBonus:3 MiscDMG:0 ExtraDMG:0d6 ExtraDMGType: CritDMG:0d10 CritMultiplier:2

  • Fighter 5 charges Sunan

Fighter 5: HIT: 31, 24… CRIT! (roll 1) -> 19 ( Longsword )
DMG: 8, 8… CRIT! (roll 1) -> 11
Rolls:20,18 BAB:7 MultiAtk:0 Size:0 StatBonus:3 AtkBonus:1 CritThreat:19 Misc:0
DamageDice:1d8 StatBonus:3 MiscDMG:0 ExtraDMG:0d6 ExtraDMGType: CritDMG:0d10 CritMultiplier:2
Symposes: (do i gotta do something? i dont have the right map)
MarSolla: ((Click the globe in the top right))

  • Phrixus has serious owie

Andarin: (( it took you a while to load it last time, right? ))

  • Sunan was narrowly missed due to Ariadne's actions

Ariadne has received initiative.
Scylfing: ((um I'm sorry but keep in mind, she has to threaten the enemies for the penalty to apply to their rolls))
Jocelyn: (in that case, Sunan took an owie too

  • Ariadne recklessly throws her weight behind her spear (free action, gains Power Attack, +X to damage, -X to hit)

Ariadne: *set X as 5*
Andarin: (( any map luck, Symposes? ))

  • Ariadne infuses her spear with holy power (free action, gains Divine Might, +5 to damage for 1 full round)

Symposes: (yep that trick worked)

  • Ariadne thrusts her spear with an inspirational flourish (Crusader's Strike) 10 for 9 damage; she or ally is healed 9 hp if successful

Andarin: (( oh good ))
Ariadne: (um, i must not have targeted the attack right)
Jocelyn: 1
Jocelyn: (you mean that fumble?)
Ariadne: (…yes)
Jocelyn: (hehehe)
Jocelyn: (I finally get to roll the percentage dice)
Jocelyn: 59
Jocelyn: Ariadne trips in front of Phrixus and falls to the ground, stunned for 1 rounds
Ariadne: (done)
Muken has received initiative.
Muken: (need a moment)
Muken: (target fighter 5)
Muken: prepares to manifest from his powerstone. 22 (UPD+Artisan bonus)
Muken: Watch your step!

  • Muken flings his hand out towards fighter 5, casting entangling ectoplasm from his stone.

Jocelyn: (saving throw?)
Muken: no, but its a ranged touch
Muken: 27
Jocelyn: (hit)
Muken: (not a crit)
Muken: (5 round duration)
Muken: (done)

  • Phrixus moves to defend Ariadne
  • Phrixus swings with his shortspear 17 for 7
  • Phrixus misses
  • Sunan swings with his longsword 22 for 9 then his shortwsord 7 for 7
  • Virote swings with his bastard sword 17 for 10
  • Virote also misses

Nuala has received initiative.
Tanya: You looking for trouble, bud?
Andarin: (( remember full attack actions with Haste get an extra attack ))
Fighter 1: yep. Pity you aren't it.
Tanya: Two-handed attack Longsword1 1/2: 20 Damage: 9
Andarin: (( and +1 to hit and to AC and REF saves ))
Jocelyn: (hit)
Tanya: Add Favored Enemy Damage (Humans): 4
Tanya: (if he's human)
Tanya: Two-handed attack Longsword1 2/2: 15 Damage: 9
Tanya: Two-handed attack Longsword2: 18 Damage: 8
Fighter 1: -13 hitpoints!
Tanya: Two-handed attack Longsword1 1/2: 29 Damage: 7
Tanya: +4 dam to any hits
Tanya: (if he's human)
Fighter 5: -9 hitpoints!
Fighter 1: -11 hitpoints!
Jocelyn: done?
Tanya: (done)
Andarin has received initiative.
Andarin: (( what do these fighters look like? ))
Jocelyn: Human, longswords, shields, helmets hide their faces pretty well. They are NOT dressed like guardsmen

  • Andarin casts Hold Person on Fighter 7. Simple Enough.

Range: 170 ft. Duration: 7 rounds. Save: Will vs DC 17. (DC18 if flat-footed.)
Fighter 7: Will Save: 19 0
Andarin: damnit
Jocelyn: done?
Andarin: do i see anything invisible?
Jocelyn: No
Andarin: done
Jocelyn: Not from that angle, anyway

  • Fighter 6 swings at Phrixus

Fighter 6: HIT: 21, 16 ( Longsword )
DMG: 6, 8
Rolls:10,10 BAB:7 MultiAtk:0 Size:0 StatBonus:3 AtkBonus:1 CritThreat:19 Misc:0
DamageDice:1d8 StatBonus:3 MiscDMG:0 ExtraDMG:0d6 ExtraDMGType: CritDMG:0d10 CritMultiplier:2

  • Fighter 5 cannot move
  • Phrixus curses

Ariadne has received initiative.
Ariadne: ((will Aristeus take an AoO if he steps into combat adjacent to Ariadne?))
Jocelyn: (no, there is a safe route to do it)
Jocelyn: (but it's not a 5' step)
Ariadne: (that's fine. he uses Douse the Flames, 7 for 8
Ariadne: Crysti casts Cure Light Woudns on Phrixus, 5
Ariadne: (done)
Muken has received initiative.
Muken: (one moment)

  • Muken draws a powerstone from his packmate's hand.

Muken: prepares to manifest from his powerstone. 34 (UPD+Artisan bonus)

  • Muken flings his hand towards his target, manifesting the power within the stone. 17+8

Muken: (target is fighter 6)

  • Muken manifests Swarm of Crystals, for 9 no saves/no resist

Muken: (done)
Fighter 6: -9 hitpoints!

  • Phrixus swings with his shortspear 17 for 7
  • Virote swings with his bastard sword 25 for 13

Fighter 5: -13 hitpoints!

  • Sunan swings with his longsword 14 for 4 then his shortwsord 16 for 6

Nuala has received initiative.
Andarin: (( remember they get an additional attack! ))

  • Sunan swings with his longsword 13 for 11 then his shortwsord 24 for 4
  • Virote swings with his bastard sword 16 for 11
  • Phrixus swings with his shortspear 20 for 11

Andarin: (( I targeted Sunan and Virote with haste ))
Jocelyn: (okay, just those two then)

  • Phrixus mutters about how defending Ariadne is damaging his ability to hit

Andarin: (( i targeted the dog and forgot Phrix in the confusion ))
Jocelyn: lol
Jocelyn: (the dog ran away)
Andarin: (( very quickly, though! ))
Tanya: (( she was a grey blur ))
Tanya: Two-handed attack Longsword1 1/2: 20 Damage: 13
Tanya: Two-handed attack Longsword1 2/2: 10 Damage: 11
Tanya: Two-handed attack Longsword2: 26 Damage: 9
Tanya: Two-handed attack Longsword1 1/2: 21 Damage: 8
Jocelyn: (do those already include the +1 from haste?)
Tanya: Add Favored Enemy Damage (Humans): 4
Tanya: (yes, haste bonus included)
Tanya: (and that's +4 damage to each hit)
Fighter 1: -13 hitpoints!
Andarin has received initiative.
Andarin: Let's try this again…

  • Andarin casts Hold Person on Fighter 7. Simple Enough.

Range: 170 ft. Duration: 7 rounds. Save: Will vs DC 17. (DC18 if flat-footed.)
Fighter 7: Will Save: 17 0
Andarin: sigh
Jocelyn: (the dice mock you)
Andarin: Jinan, is this a distraction?
Tanya: (( is fighter 1 still up? ))
Andarin: done
Jinan: Always a possibility, that's why there are still guards in the house.
Andarin: 7 takes an AoO from Byrun
Byrun: (yes)
Andarin: right?
Tanya: (( because, if he went down after attack 1 I will move a bit ))
Byrun: (Byrun and Cianan were holding actions)

  • Byrun swings with a longsword 15 for 12
  • Byrun swings with a longsword 25 for 13

Fighter: -13 hitpoints!

  • Cianan swings with a Flail 28 for 8
  • Cianan swings with a Flail 24 for 10

Fighter 7: -18 hitpoints!
Fighter 6: HIT: 25, 23 ( Longsword )
DMG: 11, 10
Rolls:14,17 BAB:7 MultiAtk:0 Size:0 StatBonus:3 AtkBonus:1 CritThreat:19 Misc:0
DamageDice:1d8 StatBonus:3 MiscDMG:0 ExtraDMG:0d6 ExtraDMGType: CritDMG:0d10 CritMultiplier:2

  • Phrixus cusses loudly

Fighter 1: HIT: 20, 9 ( Longsword )
DMG: 4, 5
Rolls:9,3 BAB:7 MultiAtk:0 Size:0 StatBonus:3 AtkBonus:1 CritThreat:19 Misc:0
DamageDice:1d8 StatBonus:3 MiscDMG:0 ExtraDMG:0d6 ExtraDMGType: CritDMG:0d10 CritMultiplier:2
Ariadne has received initiative.

  • Ariadne crouches behind her shield, guarding everything below her eyeline (free action, gains Combat Expertise, +X to AC, -X to hit)

Ariadne: (( oh wait, she can't do that, nvm.))
Ariadne: "Uhhh. Let's try this again."

  • Ariadne utters Celestial words of prayer, dousing herself and her allies in holy light (swift action, all gain Good-aligned attacks, DR 3/Evil for 10 rounds)

Fighter 1: -12 hitpoints!
Ariadne: ((skill check button's not working, so Tumble to evade AoO, 8
Jocelyn: (this is so not your day)
Fighter 6: HIT: 17, 18 ( Longsword )
DMG: 9, 4
Rolls:6,12 BAB:7 MultiAtk:0 Size:0 StatBonus:3 AtkBonus:1 CritThreat:19 Misc:0
DamageDice:1d8 StatBonus:3 MiscDMG:0 ExtraDMG:0d6 ExtraDMGType: CritDMG:0d10 CritMultiplier:2
Ariadne: ((yeah))
Jocelyn: (only count first swing)
Ariadne: ((should be a miss))

  • Ariadne channels holy healing energy through her hands (Lay on Hands, max 20 hp)

Ariadne: ((20 points on Phrix. savor it, bucko))
Phrixus: thank you
Muken has received initiative.
Ariadne: ((Crysti burns another CLW, 4
Muken: (target fighter 5)
Muken: swings his mace at this target. 3+5+1 for 1+1 damage
Jocelyn: miss
Muken: (weeee. something else to work on later. haha. done)
Could not execute the command: Unresolved value 'BAB'

  • Phrixus swings with his shortspear 29 for 11

Fighter 6: -11 hitpoints!

  • Virote swings with his bastard sword 18 for 7
  • Sunan swings with his longsword 13 for 7 then his shortwsord 15 for 5
  • Sunan swings with his longsword 22 for 9 then his shortwsord 14 for 6

Fighter 5: -9 hitpoints!

  • Virote swings with his bastard sword 12 for 6
  • Byrun swings a longsword 19 for 13
  • Cianan swings with a Flail 20 for 13
  • Cianan swings with a Flail 17 for 10

Nuala has received initiative.
Nuala: Two-handed attack Longsword1 1/2: 14 Damage: 11
Nuala: Two-handed attack Longsword1 2/2: 21 Damage: 9
Nuala: Two-handed attack Longsword2: 13 Damage: 7
Nuala: Single hand attack Longsword1 1/2: 19 Damage: 6
Fighter 1: -13 hitpoints!

  • Fighter 1 dies
  • Fighter 1 or starts bleeding to death, anyway

Nuala: (done)
Andarin has received initiative.
Andarin: (( 4 rounds left on your hastes, I believe ))
Andarin: casting defensively

  • AndarinGrey rolls: 1d20+11 Concentration => 15 + 11 = 26
  • Andarin casts Blinding Color Surge at Fighter 7. Andarin becomes invisible as all color is stripped from his form and blasted at Fighter 7, who must make a Will save of DC16 (DC17 if flat-footed) or be blined for 1 round.

Range: 170 ft. Duration (of invisibility): 7 rounds. SR: Yes.
Andarin: (( blinded* ))
Fighter 7: Will Save: 12 0

  • Fighter 7 flails around blindly

Andarin: done

  • Byrun swings a longsword 25 for 7

Fighter: -7 hitpoints!

  • Fighter takes a swing at Jinan, trying to get further into the house

Fighter: HIT: 13, 19 ( Longsword )
DMG: 6, 4
Rolls:2,13 BAB:7 MultiAtk:0 Size:0 StatBonus:3 AtkBonus:1 CritThreat:19 Misc:0
DamageDice:1d8 StatBonus:3 MiscDMG:0 ExtraDMG:0d6 ExtraDMGType: CritDMG:0d10 CritMultiplier:2

  • Fighter misses

Fighter 6: HIT: 12, 26… CRIT! (roll 2) -> 21 ( Longsword )
DMG: 4, 5… CRIT! (roll 2) -> 8
Rolls:1,20 BAB:7 MultiAtk:0 Size:0 StatBonus:3 AtkBonus:1 CritThreat:19 Misc:0
DamageDice:1d8 StatBonus:3 MiscDMG:0 ExtraDMG:0d6 ExtraDMGType: CritDMG:0d10 CritMultiplier:2
Jocelyn: (at Ariadne)

  • Frithrik SHOUTS!

Ariadne has received initiative.
Ariadne: Damn you!
Kalla: Hold the door!

  • Maksim draws his sword
  • Kalla moves deftly through the shadows, concealing herself with every step (swift action, gain Child of Shadow stance, gains 20% Concealment if she moves at least 10')

Ariadne: *Ariadne begins chanting in a strange, melodic language.
Ariadne: Bard Inspire Courage: Gain a +1 Morale bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, and saves vs. charm & fear.

  • Ariadne calls for immediate action from one of her allies (White Raven Tactics, swift action boost, reset ally's Initiative count to Ariadne's Initiative -1)

Ariadne: Go again Phrixus, now!

  • Phrixus swings with his shortspear 28 for 7

Fighter 6: -7 hitpoints!
Muken has received initiative.
Muken: (lets test this other macro)
Muken: (on fighter 5)
Muken: HIT: 19 ( Mace )
DMG: 8 + 1
Rolls:13 BAB:5 MultiAtk:0 Size:0 StatBonus:0 AtkBonus:1 CritThreat:20 Misc:0
DamageDice:1d8 StatBonus:0 MiscDMG:0 ExtraDMG:1d1 ExtraDMGType: CritDMG:0d10 CritMultiplier:2
Jocelyn: is a miss
Muken: (i think that one liked me a little more…) (does those bonuses to hit affect me over here?)
Fighter 6: -1 hitpoints!
Jocelyn: (oops, forgot the bonus damage)
Andarin: (( you were in on the Haste, you get a +1 to hit ))
Ariadne: (+1 to attack and damage from bard song)
Fighter 5: -9 hitpoints!
Muken: (alright, so that would have been 21 for hit roll, and 10 damage should it hit)
Fighter 5: -1 hitpoints!

  • Sunan swings with his longsword 7 for 9 then his shortwsord 23 for 4
  • Sunan swings with his longsword 22 for 10 then his shortwsord 11 for 5

Fighter 5: -16 hitpoints!

  • Virote swings with his bastard sword 27 for 4
  • Virote swings with his bastard sword 12 for 8

Fighter 5: -5 hitpoints!

  • Cianan swings with a Flail 24 for 11

Fighter 7: -11 hitpoints!

  • Dima sends bolts of fire shooting into the fighter 14 14

Fighter: -28 hitpoints!

  • Virgil tries the hold person trick on the fighter

Fighter: Will Save: 5 0
Virgil: (figures)

  • Andarin rolls his eyes

Andarin: (( invisibly ))
Nuala has received initiative.
Dima: wow…cool
Nuala: (start checking to see if still alive)
Jocelyn: Alive and stable
Nuala: (can I check the other this round or no?)
Jocelyn: So…1 blind bad guy, 1 held bad guy, and one bad guy still beating the crap out of Phrixus and Ariadne
Andarin: (( the blindness is only the one round ))
Scylfing: ((we'll get him this turn))
Muken: Edited properties for weapon #1: Name=Ranged Touch Attack ; Primary=2 ; Quantity=1 ; Manufactured=0 ; AtkBonus=0 ; CritMult=2 ; CritRange=20 ; Damage=0d1 ; DmgMax=0 ; DmgExtra=0d6 ; DmgExtraCrit=0d10 ; DmgExtraName= ; DmgBonusCap=50 ; TwoHanded=0 ; Finesse=1 ; OHLight=0 ; Ranged=1 ;
Andarin has received initiative.
Andarin: is the door by kalla open?
Jocelyn: yes
Andarin: double move, then

  • Lilja gets out of the way

Andarin: done
Andarin: and 3 rounds of haste remain

  • Rogue runs like hell

Scylfing: ((Phrixus now goes on 15 by the way in case it matters.))
Ariadne has received initiative.

  • Kalla moves with the speed of the wind (Wind Stride, swift action, boost; gain +10 speed on her turn)

Rogue: (wait, forgot attack
Fighter 6: HIT: 18, 24 ( Longsword )
DMG: 11, 8
Rolls:7,18 BAB:7 MultiAtk:0 Size:0 StatBonus:3 AtkBonus:1 CritThreat:19 Misc:0
DamageDice:1d8 StatBonus:3 MiscDMG:0 ExtraDMG:0d6 ExtraDMGType: CritDMG:0d10 CritMultiplier:2
Jocelyn: (1=Ariadne, 2hrixus)
Scylfing: ((he's geting crushed))
Jocelyn: (okay, now is Ariadne's turn)
Jocelyn: (and you know he's going to blame you for tripping and almost landing on him)
Scylfing: (yeah. the door is open where Kambei was right?)
Jocelyn: yes
Fighter 6: HIT: 21, 24 ( Longsword )
DMG: 11, 6
Rolls:10,18 BAB:7 MultiAtk:0 Size:0 StatBonus:3 AtkBonus:1 CritThreat:19 Misc:0
DamageDice:1d8 StatBonus:3 MiscDMG:0 ExtraDMG:0d6 ExtraDMGType: CritDMG:0d10 CritMultiplier:2
Aristeus: 5-foot step?
Jocelyn: through threatened into threatened?
Aristeus: (oh right, it was diagonal. oops)

  • Ariadne infuses her spear with holy power (free action, gains Divine Might, +5 to damage for 1 full round)
  • Ariadne rushes forward with her spear, calling for her allies to follow (Vanguard Strike) 23 for 9 damage; if successful, allies gain +4 to hit target for 1 round

Ariadne: ((+1/+1 from bardsong, +1 from haste))
Fighter 6: -15 hitpoints!
Muken has received initiative.
Muken: (targets fighter 6)

  • Muken readies his wand 35 vs 20

Muken: (dorje)

  • Muken manifests Crystal shard at fighter 5+empowered
  • Muken flings his hand towards his target, manifesting the power within the stone. RTA:1+8

Jocelyn: (rotflmao)
Muken: (14 hit) haha
Jocelyn: (natural 1)
Scylfing: ((another 1))
Muken: (i really need to work on these macros., my wand macro disappeared on me)

  • Phrixus swings with his shortspear 27 for 10

Muken: (so i get to roll % t see if someone has to take 7 slashing damage?)
Jocelyn: (nope, I'm being nice and it's not a crit failure)
Fighter 6: -11 hitpoints!

  • Virote swings with his bastard sword 15 for 4

Fighter 6: -5 hitpoints!

  • Sunan swings with his longsword 25 for 7 then his shortwsord 15 for 4

Fighter 6: -7 hitpoints!

  • Fighter 6 dies. Finally

Andarin: ok, this fight? Not a good advertisement for your school.
Andarin: I'm just throwin' that out there.

  • Cianan clobbers the blind guy with Byrun's help
  • Maksim knocks out the held guy

Nuala has received initiative.

  • Nuala drags the two wounded inside the wall and shuts the gate.

Ariadne: *Ariadne dusts herself off briefly before looking about the situation*
Ariadne: (Oh not my turn, sorry)
Nuala: (done)
Virgil: damn kids
Nuala: (( are we still in init? ))
Jocelyn: There is still a rogue running away
Andarin: (( i hope so! ))
Andarin has received initiative.

  • Andarin casts Haste.

Andarin: no!
Andarin: wrong macro
Muken: (with haste, at a dead run, i could catch the rogue in 1 turn. haha

  • Andarin casts Hold Person on Rogue. Simple Enough.

Range: 170 ft. Duration: 7 rounds. Save: Will vs DC 17. (DC18 if flat-footed.)
Rogue: Will Save: 17 0
Andarin: WE'VE GOT A RUNNER!
Scylfing: ((Kalla still has Expeditious Retreat to cast))
Jocelyn: 'doh
Andarin: done
Ariadne has received initiative.
Kalla: *casts Expeditious Retreat*
Ariadne: Everyone all right?
Ariadne: *Aristeus Lays on Hands Sunan for 4

  • Kambei is dead

Ariadne: Kambei!
Muken has received initiative.
Andarin: (( was that rogue full sprinting? and does that deny a dex bonus to AC? ))
Jocelyn: (yes, no)
Jocelyn: (yes, yes)
Andarin: (( he failed his hold person save by 1 ))

  • Rogue is paralyzed

Jocelyn: So…two corpses, three prisoners, 1 dead student
Scylfing: He was the newest recruit too.
Jocelyn: Here is good news -
Jocelyn: Each bad dude had a +1 longsword and a mithral breastplate
Scylfing: Wow.
Muken: (red shirt story?)
Muken: (dibs!)
Jocelyn: Also - 13 18 14 14 21
Jocelyn: gold
Nuala: Your two by the gate could use some attention. Did you get the rest?
Muken: (double dibs!) (heh)
Scylfing: (Aristeus and Cristiania will cure them up to 1)
Andarin: (( I gotta run, I'll leave the server up., and save the campaign before i shut it down later. ))
Scylfing: (nite, thanks for the game)
Jocelyn: I'll post treasure
Jocelyn: night all
Muken: (yep, thanks! )

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License